Family in a vegetative state after eating contaminated wild boar meat

Comments Comments

Three adults are lying in a vegetative state in a North Island hospital and may be paralysed for life after eating what is thought to be contaminated wild boar.

The trio are believed to have suffered food poisoning from eating a wild boar, which was killed on a hunting trip. 

This extreme result from food poisioning acts as a harsh reminder of how dillegent we must be when handling and preparing our own game meat. 

The gravely ill husband and wife and mother-in-law are now largely unresponsive and in a vegetative state with only brief spells of consciousness.

It may take two months for the poison to clear their bodies, however they may be paralysed for life if they regain consciousness.

 

Short Article on Basic Game Meat Field Care

 

comments powered by Disqus